Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W - Firmware Upgrade Greyed Out

ACETech
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco RV130W

Trying to upgrade the firmware but it is greyed out.  I was able to download the firmware with no problem.

I do log in as the admin (cisco).

The issue is that after 3-5 minutes of remote activity, the connection is dropped.  The internet connection is fine (pinging a web site and it never errors and other web work is ok).

Suggestions?

Darryl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whatever was wrong with downloading the firmware update was consistent
across the 3 browsers - Edge, IE, Chrome. Problem unresolved and client
demanded different equipment. We went with Sonicwall.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darryl,

Please try another browser (Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Edge) and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Whatever was wrong with downloading the firmware update was consistent
across the 3 browsers - Edge, IE, Chrome. Problem unresolved and client
demanded different equipment. We went with Sonicwall.

You were probably logged in via the WAN port.  Use a LAN port and you'll be fine.

I have the same problem. I have six RV130W routers and some are presenting this problem! I have tried IE; Edge and Chrome with no change. Was there ever a solution to this problem (other than laying the blame on the browser) without resorting to throwing the RV130W out and trying another device?

i don't recall changing the browser helped (as we regularly use the main 3).

I don't remember the specifics but we were under a time restraint and moved to a different hardware.  I still have the RV130/230(?) routers and will try them on another project where VPN (site to site) is required.  I don't have a particularly bad memory of them except our time frame was very tight.  I do recall the customer throwing the sonicwall brand at us (just a brand he knew the name of, not a knowledge of the products).

Good luck.

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old thread but just adding my solution.

I was able to update the router remotely by using the build-in PPTP service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: