Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W IPsec VPN setup problem

Janez Jalen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we recently purchased a new RV130W router. We want to setup a site-to-site VPN IPSec tunnel to a remote location and a client VPN server at the same time so clients can connect to the business. Both client and site-to-site connections are working fine one by one, but not together. I have set up the client VPN server first - working without problems (using Shrewsoft VPN client). As soon as I enable the VPN policy for the site-to-site VPN tunnel (which by itself works fine), the connection of the Shrewsoft client to the router stops working. Any ideas? Thx.

1 Reply 1

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Janez Jalen,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue, as you should be able to have 10 site to site and 10 client to gateway configurations I am wondering as they are both using IPsec parameters that the RV130 is getting confused.

On that note I recommend first to upgrade to the latest firmware (if you have not done so).  Link to the latest firmware:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=285026142&softwareid=282465789&release=1.0.1.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Check the encryption that you are using for the client to gateway and change it so it is not the same as your site to site VPN's encryption.  This is to help differentiate the tunnels to potentially not to cause any confusion in the router. 

Other than that getting the IPsec logs to see how the tunnels are negotiating will be the next step to see how the router is handling the requests.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.