cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W to RV130W site to site VPN

Kyle Socher
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a site to site VPN between RV130 routers. I am using static IP addresses on both sides and have them setup with the Basic VPN configuration. I have enabled logging and are receiving the following log message (IP addresses have been replaced)

warning pluto[16662]: packet from 1.1.1.1:500: initial Main Mode message received on 2.2.2.2:500 but no connection has been authorized with policy=PSK

I have manually reset the preshared key several times and have made it as simple as abc12345.

Am I missing a Security policy somewhere that is blocking the preshared key?

1 Reply 1

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kyle,

Usually when I see this error it is because there is a mismatch in the configurations between the two policies.  Make sure you have the encryption and authentication settings the same on both sides.  It is easier to do this through Advanced VPN Setup.  Also, make sure that you have different LAN subnets on each side.  If you need hands-on help you can also call the support center at 866-606-1866 and open a case.  

Regards,

Mike.V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: