cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w VPN firmware 1.0.6.6

kbassett57
Level 1
Level 1

have an ip address than end in zero from isp the VPN set up menu will not allow you to put a zero in the last octet.

2015-03-05 07:14:32: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  Could not find configuration for 71.3.174.0[500]

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

kbassett57,

I don't think that the error in the logs has anything to do with the address ending in 0. It looks like Phase 1 is failing.

Can you provide some more details about what you are trying to connect to? If possible, post some screenshots of the config on each device (mask sensitive data).

- Marty

2015-03-09 08:32:00: [rv220w][IKE] INFO:  Responding to new phase 2 negotiation: 192.168.250.148[0]<=>71.3.174.0[0]
2015-03-09 08:32:00: [rv220w][IKE] INFO:  Using IPsec SA configuration: 10.10.100.0/24<->10.10.20.0/24
2015-03-09 08:32:00: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  Not supported nested SA. Peer IP 184.106.55.77[0] does not match SA End Point
2015-03-09 08:32:00: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  failed to create saprop.
2015-03-09 08:32:00: [rv220w][IKE] ERROR:  Failed to get proposal for responder.

the 10.10.20.0/24 is from the ip 71.3.174.0 and the configure page will not let you put in that address:

kbassett57,

Thank you for clarifying, now I see the problem. It looks like the router has issues with anything other than class C addresses. In a class C network, 0 and 255 would not be usable.

In the Release Notes it states that a bug was resolved in regards to this on the LAN side:

CSCul82826 -  The warning message of invalid IP address pops out when that IP address is valid.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/release/notes/rv220w-1-0-6-6-rn.pdf   

I looked up the bug and it appears that it is related to local addresses only, not remote WAN IPs. This may be a new bug. I recommend that you open a case with support regarding this:

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Marty,

this is where I go with support:

A Cisco Support Engineer will join as soon as available.Sathish Kumar N has joined this session.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Thank you for contacting Cisco Technical Support Center. How may I help you today?from kevin bassett to All Participants:
not able to configure remote end ip address of XXX.XXX.XXX.0 I get error that value has to be between 1-254 WAN address can end in 0 and dofrom kevin bassett to All Participants:
this is an rv220wfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Ok. May I hjave the serial no of the device please?from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
* have.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
SER171103O0from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Thanks for the information Kevin.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Kevin the ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.0 is a network address. So you will not be able to assign it.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
The very first IP address and the last IP address of the octate with respect to subnet mask is a network address.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
So you cannot assign the very first IP address and the last IP address.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
so valid WAN ip address connot be assignedfrom kevin bassett to All Participants:
how would you get the VPN to work thenfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
May I know the IP address that you are trying to enter?from kevin bassett to All Participants:
surefrom kevin bassett to All Participants:
let me get itfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Ok.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Kevin remote LAN IP address should always be in the range 1 - 254 and it cannot be 0.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
WAN IP address can be 0 but not lan IP address.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
not true I have a WAN ip in my network of 71.3.174.0from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Ok.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
the end point address sould allow for the 0 since it is looking for the WAN addressfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Kevin if you are typing in the remote WANs IP address it will allow. However if you type it on the remote LAN IP address it will not allow.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Kevin also please do let me know when did you buy this device?from kevin bassett to All Participants:
not sure last year sometime what dose that have to do with the configuration not working correctyfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
When I checked the warranty status of the device, It shows that the device is out of warranty.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
so what you are telling me is to not buy another router of this type because it will not workfrom Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
Kevin the device will work, however the device is out of remote tech support. So we will not be able to provide you assistance.from Sathish Kumar N to All Participants:
If you have bought the device within one year then we can provide remote tech support assistance. However we need the invoice copy of the device.from kevin bassett to All Participants:
only assistance I need is for the configuration panels to work correctly if you cannot put a ticket in for that I will find someone who can

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: