cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Gateway to Gateway - cannot ping

Niallh
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen issues similar to this one on here, but I have not been able to apply the solution to my situation. I have two RV320's configured as gateways at two sites. I have a gateway to gateway vpn configued. I can get the tunnel to connect, but could not ping or communicate from one site to the other. So I have tried this: 

• Reset both to factory default
    Changed default IP
    Turned off DHCP
    RV320’s are gateways at both sites
    VPN Tunnel connects
    Did not change any advanced VPN features besides PSK
    Cannot ping across the tunnel
    Routers can ping each other

Attached are tunnel config and system logs for VPN connection. Any advice would be great!

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I noticed that you confirm that both routers can ping each other. Is that on the LAN or WAN interfaces?

If the tunnel is working properly you should be able to ping the LAN interface of the router on the other side of the VPN.

When you try to ping devices through the VPN please make sure to disable the firewall (i.e. Windows firewall/antivirus) as it is often filtering ICMP requests and you will be unable to ping the device, even though the tunnel is up and functioning correctly.

I have almost the same issue except I am unable to ping the LAN side of the remote router. Everything shows connected from both sides but nothing goes thru.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: