Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 where is to find a NSD switch for USB Ports

bglatz001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

i have a RV 320 FW: 1.1.1.1.19 I try to bring a USB Dongle to work on USB1.

In the USB failover settings i could change the settings from 3g/4g Primary Mode to deactivated and save it. 

But now whenever i want change in another mode like Failover/Hot or Failover/cold or Primary Mode the Router Reports a error

what says: Please activate NSD for USB Port ..... but i cant find in the Router Menu a switch for the NSD to USB. 

does someone know where it is to find ? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I see that you've opened a ticket with the Support for this, so I will provide the answer for the audience. 

In order not to see this message, network service detection on both WAN1 and WAN2 should be checked. There is no NSD for the USB port. I see that the message is misleading, pointing to the USB interface. It is addressed to be corrected in future.

Thanks,

Kremena

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I see that you've opened a ticket with the Support for this, so I will provide the answer for the audience. 

In order not to see this message, network service detection on both WAN1 and WAN2 should be checked. There is no NSD for the USB port. I see that the message is misleading, pointing to the USB interface. It is addressed to be corrected in future.

Thanks,

Kremena

Hi,

i haved answer from support too and saw that both WAN MUST be checked for NSD that its working.

Cause for that confusion is  that missleading message and a very low manual of this Router.

Thanks for your answer :-)