Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Failover Not Working

trueorfalse
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

We have a RV325 that has an AT&T Uverse service plugged into WAN2, and a backup Tmobile hotspot plugged into WAN1. WAN2 is designated as primary, with the SmartLink to failover to WAN1.

I am running the latest firmware on the RV325.

If you don't mind some ASCII art:

AT&T Phone Line-->AT&T Modem-->WAN2 on RV325

Tmobile hotspot-->Gateway-->WAN1 on RV325

I have the RV325 set to ping 8.8.8.8, and upon 3 timeouts (default setting), remove the connection.

If I unplug the Ethernet connection between the AT&T modem and the RV325, or unplug the modem, it fails over fine to the backup Tmobile connection.

However, if I unplug the incoming phone line to the AT&T modem (keeping the Ethernet connection between the modem and RV325 connected), the router does not failover, but when I log in to the router and look at the status, WAN2 is showing Connected-Inactive. WAN1 is showing Connected. I waited for 5 minutes and it did not fail over. If I ping 8.8.8.8 directly from the Cisco console using its ping command, I get 100% packet loss.

Any suggestions on how to get the RV325 to failover in the event of a phone line outage?

1 Reply 1

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I would suggest contacting the Technical Services team for further diagnosis.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: