cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Multiple WAN

ron.may01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question.  I have two different web servers, one for normal web traffic and FTP acces, the second is for email (webmail and admin interface).  I am currently utilizing an RV180, and port forwarding allows me to send traffic to one IP address only.

What I want to do is this - configure two IP addresses on my ISP's router: (these are not the actual IP addresses)

192.168.1.188 - this would forward ports to the web server (port 80, 8080, 443, etc) for websites.

192.168.1.189 - this would forward ports to the mail server (port 80, 8080, 443, etc) for webmail/admin interfaces

Is this possible, or do I need two separate routers?

3 Replies 3

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ron,
My name is Rozana and i am one of the engineers in the Small Business team.

On the dual WAN RV325, you can configure Protocol Binding, this will allow you to forward some services, or a traffic from specified source IP to a Destination IP through a specified WAN.

You can check all of the available setup options for the Protocol Binding in the Datasheet:
RV320/325 datasheet

Also i would like to point out that you should use different IP subnets on the WANs, because if they are in the same subnet, you will experience some issues.

P.S if you purchased the RV325 within 1 year, you are still entitled for support, so you can call our support line and we can assist you with the setup.

Regards.

The two static IPs that would be coming into the router are supplied by the same ISP on the same router (sequential IP numbers, same subnet). 

The issue at hand, I have basically two web servers - one for web traffic (incoming) and one for webmail.  There aren't specific IP addresses that either server accepts traffic from.

Hi Ron,

Both run different services, so you can specify for one service to use WAN 1 and for the other WAN 2.

I still think what you wish to accomplish is possible on 1 device.

If your RV325 is a new purchase ( 1 year ), you can call our support line for configuration assistance.

Regards.