cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv345 second WAN port won't accept static IP

youtv
Level 1
Level 1

Our Rv345 is used in a colocation center and we have 2 static IPs from my ISP. Setup of the first WAN port is working fine. As soon as we want to configure the second IP on the WAN 2, we can't save and get the error message:

The IP Address setting conflicts with an existing interface

ip-wan2.jpg

Current configuration: 

IP for WAN1 = 46.XX.YY.12

IP for WAN2 = 46.XX.YY.13

SUB for WAN1 and WAN2: 255.255.255.240

How can we solve this issue?

It's time critical. We need WAN2 for better throughput. 

Image is attached. 

5 Replies 5

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not had the opportunity to work with the Rv345, but check page 40 of the manual in the link below. You probably have to configure the router for multi-wan.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV345/Administration_Guide/EN/b_RV345_RV345P_EN_AG.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer, but the Multi-WAN configuration is for the policy based routing ... (when to use WAN1 and when to use WAN2). Still stuck to set the main configuration of WAN2 under "WAN settings" (page 37 of https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV345/Administration_Guide/EN/b_RV345_RV345P_EN_AG.pdf

Understand your point and you may be right. However, have you tried to configure both WAN interfaces as multi-wan and only go to Step 2 where you specify the load balancing ratio? Then go back and configure the IP on the second WAN interface.

I'm assuming you are having the current issue since you can't put two different WAN interfaces in the same subnet in its current configuration.

Hi @chrihussey - thanks for your help. We really appreciate this!

We tried to configure both WAN interfaces as load balanced interfaces (Step 2). We switched back and tried again to configure the IP in the same subnet. No success :( 

Still the same error message (as shown in the first image, first post):

The IP Address setting conflicts with an existing interface

Images about our current config (WAN2 is set to DHCP, because no other setting matches or is allowed - of course it does NOT work, we want the static IP in the same subnet). 

screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

Thanks for the update and sorry it hasn't worked for you. It may not be a valid configuration.

Two things to try:

1- Call or open a case with Cisco and see it you can in fact assign an IP in the same subnet on both WAN interfaces. At this point I don't think it will allow it.

2- As a test, assign the WAN 2 interface a random IP in a different subnet. If it takes and you can then configure the router the way you want, contact the ISP and see if they can give you a static IP in a different subnet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards