cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 site-to-site with multiple subnets

Obiben
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a Site-to-Site VPN with a partner that has multiple subnets we need to access.

My tunnel goes UP but only connects to whichever subnet is listed first in my IP Group.

Does RV345 not support multiple remote subnets, or am I missing something?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks to me like there is a Limitation here with multiple subnets i guess here - as per the community input.

to confirm is the case, Open an SMB TAC case to support it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

It seems to be that way. My solution was to set the remote subnet as a single, larger, subnet as x.x.x.0/24 instead of x.x.x.96/28, x.x.x.112/28, x.x.x.136/29, etc

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks to me like there is a Limitation here with multiple subnets i guess here - as per the community input.

to confirm is the case, Open an SMB TAC case to support it.

BB

It seems to be that way. My solution was to set the remote subnet as a single, larger, subnet as x.x.x.0/24 instead of x.x.x.96/28, x.x.x.112/28, x.x.x.136/29, etc

you did a sneak peek, i was in a position suggesting that way, but not sure how your reaction, just waiting ..cheers!

BB

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Obiben

1. Firstly, I use RV345 and RV340 too in my network and You can be rest-assured that there is NO LIMITATION of using multiple subnets IN S2S VPN TUNNEL on  RV345/340

2. Secondly to solve your issue can you kindly please answer the below queries?

a) what is the VPN-Peer gateway being used at the partner site (is it a RV345, or which router)? Is it a Cisco-Router (IOS/ISR) or Cisco-ASA? Is it a Fortinet-Gw?

b) Is the s2s vpn tunnel using IKEv1 or IKEv2?

c) in the RV345 side, have you configured only 1 local-subnet OR multiple subnets? (using IP-Groups)

3. You mentioned the below statement in your post earlier:

>>>My solution was to set the remote subnet as a single, larger, subnet as x.x.x.0/24 instead of x.x.x.96/28, x.x.x.112/28, x.x.x.136/29, >>>etc

a) This is also a very correct solution applied by you

b)   But if you want to use your original config method of defining  IP-Groups with multiple subnets on RV345 and using them in the s2s vpn tunnel, we will need answers to above queries in point-1/2.

thanks