cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Web login disabled?

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Is et up a new RV345 today and allw as good until a reboot.  Afterward I would just get Web Login Disabled.  All I dd during setup was ad some VLANs, changed all port to use the 192.168.75.1 vlan, enabled intervlan routing, created a VPN and set up some state reservations.  If I try to log into 192.168.1.1 it also says Web Login disabled.  

I tried to telnet it but that didn’t work either I didn’t try ssh but I don’t even know if these SMB routers do this and if they don’t how could anything disable the web login?  If there is the ability to disable web login where is this feature, in security? 

It pisses me off knowing tomorrow I have to do a factory reset even though the config is minimal but this is really stupid.  The other posts about fw upgrades is also pretty stupid.  Why is this stuff happeneing?  

2 Replies 2

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

After doing a factory reset and doing tue config over again it appear when I created a new user group that included the two defined users the newly created group doesn’t automatically check Web Access and I guess this supercede the admin user group?  

I then saved the config and did the FW update and again lost mu ability to login.  I had all ports except one set as vlan 75 untagged but I did leave vlan 1 on one port just in case and sure enough that was my way back in.  Uploaded my saved config and I was back in business.  IMHO there is no reason these oversights and bugs and yes having to save the config and reloading it after a FW upgrade is a bug.  

The config is very different from the RV320’s so between the confusion between RV345 setup and the RV320 and then the quircks and bugs in the RV345 makes a real aggreavsting PITA.  I think in time I’ll prefer the RV345 but after pulling out hairs I wish I spec’d the RV320 instead.  

I have updatet from 1.17 to 1.18

and now I have no Web-Login.

What can I do now ???