cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P firmware upgrade to 1.0.03.24 no internet access from LAN

bruce C
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried twice to upgrade from fw 1.0.03.22 to the newest 1.0.03.24. Both times i can see the wan ports are shown as up but none of the lan ports will connect outside of the lan, connecting within the lan works fine, just no internet connection for any connected devices. Rebooting to the older image of 1.0.03.22 gives me full access again.

Is anyone else having this issue or found a solution to allow the newer firmware? Or ideas of what to look for as a cause.

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks I have seen recently few other community members have the same issue, not any bug reported or raised by anyone, worth your self raise an SMB TAC case, so they can investigate for you

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I see many people with the same issues with this fw update as well. However, I hope someone puts a support case in. I do not think I can as I do not have a current contract.

gmatic
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue with this firmward upgrade.  Revert back to older version worked immediately for more.

(1) log into cisco admin portal (192.168.1.1 in my case)

(2) Select administration

(3) Select reboot

(4) Select older firmware version from pulldown menu (1.0.0.3.22) in my case.

(5) reboot device.

w1gx
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem. This firmware is so buggy it's not funny anymore. I wonder if anyone from Cisco is monitoring this. 

rastych
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, no internet/ping from lan to outside after updating to 1.0.03.24. Selecting older firmware in Reboot menu worked.

CiscoChris
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue updating my RV345 firmware from 1.0.03.22 to 1.0.03.24.

The rv345 can successfully perform a DNS lookup and can ping 8.8.8.8. Computers on the LAN have no internet access.

The site-to-site VPNs are all connected, and LAN computers can access devices over the site-to-site VPN.

LAN computers have internet access again after rebooting to inactive image

My router has two VLANS with a few static routes in the ipv4 routing table. There's also several firewall rules that deny access between vlans and vpns. All work fine on 1.0.03.22.

So just thinking out loud. If doing a fresh reset and starting from scratch allows the updated fw to work. Is there any easy way to use the CLI to dump the current settings so that they can just be loaded back as a batch file?

I have not used the CLI, but having to re enter all the configuration changes is my issue as I assign static addresses to most of my devices (which is a lot of mac addresses to retype) as well as the access rules, vpn settings, etc.

If it can be done relatively painlessly I could accept that solution to get passed this problem.

If anyone thinks it is possible and could give some hints as to how to achieve this it would be great.

JohnBecich
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with ONE of my RV340 routers, but not with three others I control.      So the "problem child router" was down-graded back to . 22 and life went on.         Now that firmware version . 26 has arrived, I tried that with the same "no internet access" problem at workstations under the "problem child router."        Be reminded, as another contributor noted, the router itself can ping "8.8.8.8" and even "cisco.com"  but the workstation on the LAN side of this router is blind to same, when RV340 router operates with firmware . 26.       Or .24.   

Not sure if anyone has seen or tried the solution posted in https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/new-firmware-1-0-03-24-for-rv340w/m-p/4542978#M42534. The solution was pretty far down the thread posted by andresdn on 1/14.

I have not gotten around to trying it but if anyone else does and finds it solves the problem, please let us know.

I am not sure if it is okay to just report the response or not.

JohnBecich
Level 1
Level 1

That's all unintelligible gobbledeegook to me, and unacceptable for a paying customer to have to repair defective Cisco performance to boot.    I'm outta here.   I ordered a TP-Link ER7206 and if that doesn't work, I'll resurrect my old ZyXEL USG40 and get the job done.

HEAR YE ALL:  I have not been able to ROLL BACK from firmware '26 in one of my critically important RV340 routers, and it will all be replaced with Chinese equipment.

Good on you, John - I'm right behind you. This entire CISCO experience has been nothing short of horrendous. Getting rid of all our RVs and moving on. We had considered Meraki, but heck no - we're not spending our money with a company that cares so little about SMB.

JohnBecich
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps anyone else:     I have remediated the router sufficiently, to serve until I take my sweet time replacing it with a competing product... which itself must be properly tested... qualified.        To wit:          Clearing the Cisco RV340 of all explicit firewall access rules...i.e., relegating it to "default" ... AND THEN REBOOTING... brought back LAN->WAN access.      Any reintroduction of any explicit ACCESS RULE foiled WAN access ... AFTER REBOOTING.     That is, no changes to my firewall access rules take effect until REBOOT, a slow, annoying problem in itself.   I control four seemingly-identical RV340 routers, and only one of them is afflicted with this fatal flaw.