cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 4-Port Gigabit Security Router with VPN

strauchjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RVS4000 Router with VPN and the VPN Quick client is no longer connecting. When I try to connect it fails.

What I need is some assistance with this issue. I also would like to just use the MS VPN Clien that comes with windows. Can this be done?..

Thank you

4 Replies 4

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

If you VPN was working before and now it is not working, it i very likely the issue is on your PC. Maybe a firewall restriction or a new software hat is blocking the connection. I will try to remember any changes done on the PC and revert those to see if it works.

Also, the RVS4000 does not support the MS VPN (PPTP).

Please let us know if you have any more questions

It is probably not the computer since all users have the same issue. I have been trying to fix this issue for a while now and am looking for some one to provide me with the steps that need to be in place for the setup. I am trying to avoid a factory reset and since I was not the one that setup the router I am looking for what needs to be configured on the router so that I can check this. 

If you have a link to the Manual, latest VPN Quick client, and the Firmware maybe I need to try this as well.

Thank you

Can you also tell me what ports the Router uses. I need to open the ports on my firewall at a different location to access the router at the location the RVS4000 is located.

Thank you

Hello, 

Thank you for the information, assuming that all of your PC's are NOT running windows 8 or above (as it is unsupported) then I will assume that something changed in the router.

The configuration on the router is extremely simple

1- Make sure you have a Pubic IP address on the WAN port of the router

2- Create QuickVPN clients

3- Make sure you are not using port 443 for remote management and it hasn't been forwarded to any other device inside the network.

Here is the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rvs4000/administration/guide/RVS4000_AG_OL-22605.pdf

This is the download link for the latest version of the Quick VPN software (Same for all our devices)

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414010&flowid=784&softwareid=282465795&release=1.4.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Unfortunately, there is no access to the firmware download page as it has been removed from the Cisco website since the device was discontinued.

When you ask about the ports the router uses, I am assuming you mean the port for remote management; if that assumption is correct then, you can configure the port under Firewall, Basic, Remote Management port. Once you configure it (Anything but 443) then you can use open that same port on your firewall.

Lastly, you haven't said what is the actual error you are getting while connecting using the QuickVPN software.