cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 and Bonjour

John Frankish
Level 1
Level 1

I have a device (Naim ND5 XS media player) that requires bonjour services to work correctly.

The device is connected to my LAN via a WAP4410N to the RVS4000.

After switching the device on, things work normally for 20-60 minutes and then I can no longer see the ND5 XS on the LAN and it no longer responds to ping requests (this is the case for both a dynamic and static IP address). It will however still play Internet Radio and play music streamed by a Thecus NAS on the LAN.

Using the iPhone Network Analyser App, I can see that the device and the WAP4410N are running bonjour services for the first 20-60 minutes.but thereafter bonjour services only show on the WAP4410N.

At no point do bonjour services show on the RVS4000 - is there some trick to getting bonjour services to work properly on this setup?

I've seen on a different LAN that a Livebox router does show bonjour services running.

3 Replies 3

John Frankish
Level 1
Level 1

Bump...

Can anybody help?

..continuing to talk to myself in the hope that there will eventually be some support on this "support" forum...

When I attach the device directly to the RVS4000 the problem seems to be resolved, which seems to indicate that Bonjour signals get lost between the RVS4000 and WAP4410N after 20-60 minutes and only a reboot brings then back.

I don't see any settings that might improve things, is this a bug?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: