cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 547W - Firmware update?

neogeo2000
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased a new SRP 547W. When logged in with either the default admin or the cisco account there is nowhere to updare the firmware, but the manual says there is such a screen. The manual also mentions a "user list" under the "Administration" tab, but that is nowhere to be found either!

Model: SRP547W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n FCC, 4FXS/1FXO
Version ID: V02
Hardware Version: 3.1.0
Boot Version: 1.1.19 (Aug 24 2010 - 20:50:42)
Firmware Version: 1.02.00 (023) Jan  6 2011
ADSL Firmware Version:0.60.0
Recovery Firmware: 1.02.00 (023)
Setup Wizard Version: 20101106.00
3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you absolutely sure you are logged on with username 'admin'?  Those fields will be missing if you are logged on as username 'cisco' since the cisco user does not by default have permissions to modify the user list or do firmware upgrades.  But if you log on as admin, you should be able to access the Firmware Upgrade page under the Administration tab as shown below, and I've also highlighted where the User List is.

Cheers,

Dave.

neogeo2000
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Dave. I figured out the issue thanks to your screen shot.

I was logged in with the Admin account, but Firefox (15.0.1) was not refreshing the left menu options despite clicking on "Administration". The right portion of the screen was refreshing with new options so did not think it was a browser option.

IE 9 works fine.

Ah yes, that's a known problem.  Around version 9, Firefox made a change that broke the GUI operation in the way you describe.  We fixed that of course back when it happened, but the 1.2.0(23) firmware pre-dates that fix.  So yes, what you see makes perfect sense and it is something that has already been fixed.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: