Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP500 en voip routing fails at transfer

Bart Aaldering
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

we have an Cisco SRP526W with some issues regarding the transfer of calls.

We have a couple of SIP phones (Gigaset N300 IP) (not connected to the fxo ports) and when a call is beeing transfered to another sip account its coming back instead of being transfered. This occurs once in every 3 attempts.

allready tried:

- disable SIP-alg

- moved the phones into a seperate v-lan

- contacted the voip-provider, who says: "We sell about 300 of these phones and never heard of this", we have tried differen sip ports etc, but no result.

3 Replies 3

What is the firmware version installed on your SRP? Try the last 1.01.24.

Previously versions have some bugs about IP Phone connected to the SRP LAN.

See release notes at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10500/prod_release_notes_list.html

Disable SIP alg is OK but set the righr port forwarding rule for NAT traversal. SIP port but also RTP ports.

If the problem is not fixed get a trace of the call (SIP signalling) and post the output.

Regards.

Frank Hoeben
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bart,

We recently got a few 300A IP's and are having transfer related problems too.

Only for us the transfer of external calls always succeed while internal calls cause the N300A to crash and reboot.

I'm fairly sure the problem originates in our Cisco CM 8.5 though.

Transfers fail on other 3rd party SIP devices as well, but without the crash and reboot.

The funny thing is dat the N500IP Pro was having the same problems behind this modem.

I have a hard time believing that the N300 is causing the problem. In my humble opinion it's a routing problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: