cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521 Lan connections drop once wan is connected

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this issue on the last 3 srp521's I deployed, all were pulled from service and replaced with a different model.  Firmware is 1.1.24 and I also tried on with 1.1.27

With only power and 1 lan connection I start a ping to the router and a ping through it to the DG of the wan ip.  When I plug in the wan cable I get a single reply from the wan ip DG and then my lan connection drops.  I have to power cycle the router to get it to come back.  I have a static set on the WAN and am using 10.10.10.x on the lan side.  The link light on the router stays on for both lan and wan.

Any idea on what to look at?                  

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the Actions pabel on the right.

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

Some more info.  We use a static ip on the wan side and this goes down as soon as it gets link.  I plugged it into the its own switch and it went down as soon as connected

Hi Sage,

I'm not sure that I follow what you mean when you say the WAN goes down as soon as it is connected.  Could you provide more detail please?  Can you specify what address you are using for the WAN and LAN (with masks).

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by:

I plugged it into the its own switch and it went down as soon as connected

Regards,

Andy