Replies

The router is very busy at the moment on RV042

Bynx12345678
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I recently activated Cisco protectlink web and started getting problems:

The router is very busy at the moment.

This error occurs when more than 6 people access the internet.

Small Business
RV042  10/100 4-Port VPN Router

Firmware Version : v4.2.1.02 (Jan 18 2012 14:10:55

Please help

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bynx, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issue you are having, the low performance it could be cause due multiple factors. You are running the last firmware version, however  did you perform a factory reset as soonest you updated the firmware? If not, I advise you to save a backup of your configuration then perform a factory reset. And set just the basic configuration. It is possible that the CPU is overload it capacity if it has activated multiple services such as IPS, multiple tunnels, IPsec, certificates, etc.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The "router is busy" message indicates that the router is not getting a response from ProtectLink Server for URL classification requests. The message will go away if you configure the router to bypass URL filter when the router does not get prompt response from ProtectLink Servers.

vishaalmdp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One possible reason for this may be due to Web Reputaion selection made in the Web Protection page.

There are three Options from which one should be selected for the level of filtering, When the High Security level is selected and the URL filtering in the same page is set to the recommended setting then every URL is surely verified before it is passed.

This Document would explain the process more elaborately :

Enable Web Protection for URL Filtering on RV016 and RV082 VPN Routers

Thanks,

Vishal