Views
Helpful
Replies

What is difference between RV180W-E-K9-G5 and RV180W-A-K9-NA

reycapoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Good Afternoon.  I would like to ask if what is the difference between RV180W-E-K9-G5 and RV180W-A-K9-NA specifically the -E and the -A.  As far as I know -A is the compliance code for Philippines.  Am I right?  If yes, what about -E?  There is a documentation for wireless complaince on Aeronet devices but what about these SB products?

Thanks,

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV180W can operate in 2.4GHz band only.

-A indicates that the product is compliant with FCC (11 channels), whereas -E compliant with ETSI (13 channels).

View solution in original post

May ask if what would be the consequence if a -E is used instead of -A here in the Philippines?

-E (Europe) operates in 13 802.11b channels while -A (America) operates in just 11 channels.

The problem is when you have wireless clients who can't "understand" an 11- or 13-channel frequency.

NTC (National Telecommunications Commission) won't go around Manila hunting non-compliant wi-fi users.  So deploying a -E regulatory domain WAP in a -A regulatory domain country, you are, in essence, breaking the law. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV180W can operate in 2.4GHz band only.

-A indicates that the product is compliant with FCC (11 channels), whereas -E compliant with ETSI (13 channels).

Hi Tekliu,

Does that mean in the Philippines more particularly either it will be a -A or a -E it won't matter.

Thanks,

The Philippines should be "-A".

Wireless LAN Compliance Status

Hi Leolaohoo,

Yup -A is for Philippines but we have also sold -E here and is currently used by the client now.  May ask if what would be the consequence if a -E is used instead of -A here in the Philippines?

Thanks,

May ask if what would be the consequence if a -E is used instead of -A here in the Philippines?

-E (Europe) operates in 13 802.11b channels while -A (America) operates in just 11 channels.

The problem is when you have wireless clients who can't "understand" an 11- or 13-channel frequency.

NTC (National Telecommunications Commission) won't go around Manila hunting non-compliant wi-fi users.  So deploying a -E regulatory domain WAP in a -A regulatory domain country, you are, in essence, breaking the law. 

Hi Leolaohoo,

I see. That explains it.  Thank very much to all you guys for clearing the clouds.

Best Regards,

Salamat din sa inyo, kabayan.

Hahaha. Akala ko foreigner ang kausap ko. Walang anuman kabayan.  Asa kayon situated?

PM sent