cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference : SRP547W-A-K9 vs SRP547W-E-K9 ????

tikumysybet1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

i want to buy on of these product , but i can't find the difference between them.

Please help me to choose .

Thank you !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Everthing will work.  The regulatory domain or regulation doesn't apply to the router.  It's for WIRELESS. 

Let me re-interate what I've mentioned previously.

You have a router with a wireless access point that's has a "-A" regulatory domain.  In essence, this WAP can operate with 11 802.11b channels.  And then you are in Albania.  In Europe.

So, here's the scenario:  Your wireless clients will have "-E" regulatory domain, 13 channels.  So when these clients try to operate in a more limited channel you may run into SLOW wireless usage

This is the message Scott and I have been trying to hammer through.  (Scott's being diplomatic.  Me?  I don't know what I'm doing.)

And yes, you are still in contravention to the law of the land when you ENABLE wireless. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SRP547W-A-K9 has a wireless access point with "-A" regulatory domain.

SRP547W-E-K9 has a wireless access point with "-E" regulatory domain. 

Wireless LAN Compliance Status

Thank you !

But i live in albania , and i can't find my country in the list.

Which of them should i buy ?

Thank you.

But i live in albania

Albania?  Did you check the link I've posted?

Thank you !

I check the link , and i can't find my country.

what can i do ?

Thank you !

I check the link , and i can't find my country.

You can't?

Try this:  Ctrl+F, type "albania".  Tell me what you get. 

It's there on the link that Leo posted.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you !

i found. Albania  -E

ok , but in the table there's only one "X" on AIR-CAP1552E

So if i buy SRP-547W-E , is ok for me ?

The "-E" or "-A" is only for certification and shipment or is there something else. If i buy "-A" and use in my country , what's is the problem ?

Thank you !

The link I've provided you is mainly to search what Regulatory Domain you need to use your your wireless access points.  The model is irrelevant.  So for Albania, use "-E".

If i buy "-A" and use in my country , what's is the problem ?

Cisco doesn't set what Regulatory Domain you should use.  It's the telecommunication authorities of the country.  No one will stop you for purchasing an un-regulated device in a country, however, whether or not it'll work is the main problem.

For 802.11b, "-A" uses only 11 channels whilst there are 13 channels in "-E'.

ok , but for the moment i have another (not cisco) router ( purchased in USA ) that have only 11 channels (so it's -A) and works perfectly on my office ( i have checked it's channel 9)

So is there any chance that if i purchase -A  , will i have problems ?

Thank you !

So is there any chance that if i purchase -A  , will i have problems ?

I won't answer that question.  You'll have to take the risk yourself if you want to use a wireless device in contravention to the law of the land.

Just to add... It's REGULATION. so if I use an E in the States, I can get in trouble and fined by the FCC that regulates what we can use in the states.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm sorry , i don't speak for the problems with the laws , but problems with the router.

So the router will work or not ?

Thank you , and i'm sorry this is my last question.

Everthing will work.  The regulatory domain or regulation doesn't apply to the router.  It's for WIRELESS. 

Let me re-interate what I've mentioned previously.

You have a router with a wireless access point that's has a "-A" regulatory domain.  In essence, this WAP can operate with 11 802.11b channels.  And then you are in Albania.  In Europe.

So, here's the scenario:  Your wireless clients will have "-E" regulatory domain, 13 channels.  So when these clients try to operate in a more limited channel you may run into SLOW wireless usage

This is the message Scott and I have been trying to hammer through.  (Scott's being diplomatic.  Me?  I don't know what I'm doing.)

And yes, you are still in contravention to the law of the land when you ENABLE wireless. 

ok , thank you !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: