Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Configuration for VLAN

Hi all,

we're planning a small private network for our holiday appartments. Therefore we get a Cisco Small Buisiness Switch SG200-18 from a friend. We have created 6 diffrent VLANs on it. But it seems that we need a router do to the routing of our cable connection to the WAN. Is it possible to connect the WRVS4400N to that switch and configure multiple subnets for that vlans? Or how can i do that? I have add a drawing for better understanding.

It would be nice if someone can give me a  hint for that ...

Thanks for any help ...

Regards,

Martin

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting. The WRVS4400N is limited to 4 VLANs. You may want to consider an RV220W or SA520 which support up to 16 VLANs.

Hi mphyhala,

thanks for your response. That means that i'm not able to configure more than 4 subnets with the WRVS4400N?

Which product is more flexible in future? The WRVS4400N or the RV220W?

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

The RV220W is about a year old and the WRVS4400N has been around for several years. The RV220W has many more features including much better IPv6 support and up to 16 VLANs. If you are looking for a router that will get you through the next several years, the RV220W is probably a much better choice. It is of course more expensive, so this should be factored into your decision as well.