cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N connecting to windows network

dohbob123
Level 1
Level 1

I put just got a wrvs 4400N and when I replaced my old linksys router I can't access my network computers anymore.  I'm I missing something or do I need to do some kind of setup?

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello doh bob,

How are you trying to access the network computers? How are the computers connected to the WRVS, wired or wirelessly? You will want to check the IP addresses those computers have. If the computers have a static IP address, you might need to update the IP address to be in the same network as the WRVS. Can you tell me the IP of one of the computers, and the local IP address of the WRVS?

If you can provide me this information I can assist you further.

Thanks,

-john

the computer are connected to WRVS 4400N wirelessly the ips are 192.168.0.100,

192.168.0.101... 192.168.0.104.  The computers are windows 7 64bit machines.  I tried accessing computers on the network with the ip and pc name.  also under network in windows.  Windows does not seem to detect the other computers on the network like my old linksys router would.

Hello doh bob,

What application are you using to access the computers? Can you ping the IP of a computer from another computer? If not, on the WRVS4400N wireless security settings verify Wireless Isolation (within SSID) is disabled. If that option is enabled, then the computers will not be able to see each other on the wireless network. I did setup a WRVS4400N version 2 device running firmware version 2.0.2.1, connected 2 Windows 7 machines to the device, and was able to see both computers through the Windows View Computer and Devices option. I did this using a wired connection, so it is not quite an apples to apples scenario. Another thing to check on the computers themselves in the network location. When a Windows machine detects that it is connecting to a new network, it wants you to set a network location which corresponding to sharing settings on the computer. You will need to set the network location to home, in order to view the Computer and Devices on the network.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john