cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N WAP4410N problems

wannathermal
Level 1
Level 1

I have an WRVS4400N configured as a WAN and Wireless router and can connect clients (PC's and laptops) wirelessly thru out the office. The clients that are farther away (10-15 meters and on another floor) connect at a very slow rate i.e. less than 10MBps. I have a WAP4410N configured as a repeater. Immediately after powering up it will allow connections to the 4400 and clients work fine for a 1-2 minutes, then the connections drop and I can no longer connect through the 4410. Nor can I ping the 4410 through the 4400 although right after the pwr cycle I am able to ping the 4410. After another pwr cycle the 4410 is available for another short period.

I have attached some info on the configuration of the units and I also have the configuration files available.

I really need this network to be stable and any help would be appreciated.

Bob

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting. I'm curious about why you have WDS configured in the WRVS4400N but not in the WAP4410N? Try changing the WAP4410N to WDS Repeater mode and scan for the SSID of the WRVS4400N. Connect to it and it should stay connected. Let us know if this helps or not.

Ok, this worked.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi,

I  setup the WAP4410N to Client/Repeater and once I did the site survey  and chose the WRVS440N router SSID, it automatically changed the  WAP4410N SSID to the same SSID as the WRVS440N.

I only added the security type to match the WRVS440N one.

I also tried WDS repeeater mode option and still did not work.

in the WRVS440N I enable the WDS mode and chose the SSID of the WAP4410N.

I am not sure if there is something I missed.

Please advise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: