Views
Helpful
Replies

10K router (bandwidth vs priority)

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to configure QoS in such a way that I allocate the first 30 percent of my bandwith to voice traffic. The router cannot allow bandwidth and priority configured on the same class, how can I realize the goal of allcating the first 30 percent.

Router configs

policy-map QoS

class RT

bandwidth percent 30

!

% Command accepted but obsolete, unreleased or unsupported; see documentation.

bandwidth and priority may not be combined in the same class.

When I remove the bandwidth command and try to use priority it don't give the option to set up the amount of bandwidth to be allocated on this class.

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't worked with 10K series, and you didn't described actual platform and IOS, but does 2nd bullet in the following apply?

"Bandwidth and Priority Service

To configure priority queuing, use the priority command in policy-map class configuration mode and configure the bandwidth in the following way:

•In releases prior to Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)XI, specify a minimum bandwidth rate using the priority command.

•In Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)XI and later releases, specify a minimum bandwidth rate using the police command. The router no longer supports the percent and bandwidth-kbps options for the priority command. "

From: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/10000/10008/configuration/guides/qos/10qbwdth.html#wp1041808

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card