cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1921 and VWIC3-2MFT-t1 support?

Patrick Beaven
Level 1
Level 1

I was just given a task to setup some T1 connections. We rarely use T1 interfaces anymore as they are typically just not enough anymore.

I see the newer vwic3 interfaces are supported on various 2900 series but downloaded the vwic3 configuration guide and noticed that the 1900 series routers were not in the list? Is this correct. So are vwic3-2mft-t1 ehwic cards supported or not on 1921 routers?

Let me know as i can see the controller interfaces but not the ports as there must be additional configuration required. Im running 15.1(4)M4 IOS version that looks to be supporting the cards.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

dumesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick,

Looks like the vwic3-2mft-t1 card is supported on the 1921 router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/data_sheet_c36-609138.html

Minimum IOS required: 15.0(1)M3. You are running 15.1(4)M4 which is good.

Try the card type command:

Conf t

Card type t1 0 0

Regards,

Dheeraj

Yes that is configured. I found that the issue was that the router needed to be reloaded. Once i did that it came up without a problem. Its funny how sometimes its the simple things that make it work!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card