Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1G line test

hi,

I have 1G line I need to test for performace. On remote side line is terminated on ISR4451 router. Is there some kind of native reflector on IOS I could use on remote side for this? I know about guestshell and iperf, but iperf needs to be additionally installed and since there is ntlm/kerberos proxy involved, I'd like to avoid this. Remote technician presence is plan B of course. So, can I somehow do test with router connected to line?

br

6 Replies 6

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

what about TTCP?

In addition,

I can ask please what are you experiencing?

The bandwidth allocated to you is 1G?

What protocols are involved?

And maybe describe the traffic flow?

hi,

I have problems with traffic rate .... one way is ok and another is not .... out of order packets, result of missing packets or wahtever (iperf between two servers). I just would like to make router to router test. TFTP transfers between routers cannot generate enough load on line, guess flash RW speed is below 1G.

I do not have ttcp available on this router

btw, I had exact problem described on this link .... provider line was cause of it

Resolving throughput issues | Lumen

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about application hosting in device.

i did not on cat 9300, i am sure ISR do support this.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

An ISR4K might still support udp/tcp services.  "Echo" (?) being one that will reflect packets.  However, it might not be sufficient for your needs for performance testing.

performance testing, 
which traffic you face issue with it ?
are both router direct connect ? or there is L2 between them ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card