cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1T3/E3

hanwucisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1t3/e3 card in a new 2951. When I statred the router, I found no interface corresponding to this module when do "show ip interface brief"

any idea?

thanks,

Han

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you issue show version, do you see the T3/E3 listed?

You need to configure the card type for the interface to appear.

Please refer to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/interface/configuration/12-4/ir-t3e3-csu-dsu.html

View solution in original post

Han

With many of the new cards that can do both T3 and E3 they need a configuration command to tell them which way they should function. I would guess this is the case with your card. Try using the card type command and tell it whether it is to do T3 or E3. That will probably create the appropriate controller(s). And when you configure the controller with channel-group (or whatever is appropriate in your environment) then there should be serial interfaces to configure.

Give it a try and let us know the results.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

what is the output of show diag

Han

With many of the new cards that can do both T3 and E3 they need a configuration command to tell them which way they should function. I would guess this is the case with your card. Try using the card type command and tell it whether it is to do T3 or E3. That will probably create the appropriate controller(s). And when you configure the controller with channel-group (or whatever is appropriate in your environment) then there should be serial interfaces to configure.

Give it a try and let us know the results.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you issue show version, do you see the T3/E3 listed?

You need to configure the card type for the interface to appear.

Please refer to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/interface/configuration/12-4/ir-t3e3-csu-dsu.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card