Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Frame Relay from 2 ISp redundancy and load balancing setup

harleyacha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all Cisco Experts,

Good day! i just need help on implementing redundancy and load balancing on our two (Frame relay/ISP) network from our branches.

I want to now what are the devices capable of redundancy and load balancing and also its required software. Thank you.

Regards,

Harley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For load balancing and redundancy, you can run a routing protocol. A basic cisco router supports routing protocols. 17xx and 2600 are end of sale. They work, but you'd probably better go with newer versions in case of supporting new features.

Masoud

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Cisco 1800 series with serial modules(for frame relay) would be a good choice. IP base IOS supports redundancy and load balancing if you do need any other feature such as encryption.

Please take a look at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/ios-packaging/product_bulletin_c25-557276.html

Masoud

Hi Masoud,

Thank you for answering my query, I think this is one of the solution, but another problem is the ISp has a multiplexer thing that its output is already a Fastethernet ports. 

I have options: Cisco routers 17xx, 19xx, 26xx but i dont know if it is capabale of load balancing & automatic swithching.

Thanks

harley

For load balancing and redundancy, you can run a routing protocol. A basic cisco router supports routing protocols. 17xx and 2600 are end of sale. They work, but you'd probably better go with newer versions in case of supporting new features.

Masoud

Thank you so much sir masoud, I appreciate so much your support. I will now look for a newer versions of cisco routers that can cater both redundancy and load balancing protocols. But ill try first to utilize our existing 1921 router if will work. :D Thanks again Masoud

Harley

You are most welcome. 1921 is a better option than others you suggested. As I said, others also work, but they are not supported anymore.

Masoud

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card