Views
Helpful
Replies

2 gb Service policy on ether channel

Ratheesh mv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I have a requirement to apply 2gb bandwidth capping on portchannel .(4 members in port-channel)

Device details:-WS-C3850-48T

IOS:-cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.06.E.152-2.E6.bin

If I apply 2gb  service policy on port-channel, would it work in proper way or  should I configure 500mb service policy and apply on members interface ?

Thanks in advance .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you need to attach the policy to each and all individual member interfaces. Below an excerpt from the restrictions listed in the document linked below:

QoS is not supported on an EtherChannel interface.
QoS is supported on EtherChannel member interfaces in both ingress and egression directions. All EtherChannel members must have the same QoS policy applied. If the QoS policy is not the same, each individual policy on the different link acts independently.
On attaching a service policy to channel members, the following warning message appears to remind the user to make sure the same policy is attached to all ports in the EtherChannel: ' Warning: add service policy will cause inconsistency with port xxx in ether channel xxx. '.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/qos/configuration_guide/b_qos_3se_3850_cg/b_qos_3se_3850_cg_chapter_011.html#concept_1B88D96BE633433893CBB45C29EAC6BE

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

you need to attach the policy to each and all individual member interfaces. Below an excerpt from the restrictions listed in the document linked below:

QoS is not supported on an EtherChannel interface.
QoS is supported on EtherChannel member interfaces in both ingress and egression directions. All EtherChannel members must have the same QoS policy applied. If the QoS policy is not the same, each individual policy on the different link acts independently.
On attaching a service policy to channel members, the following warning message appears to remind the user to make sure the same policy is attached to all ports in the EtherChannel: ' Warning: add service policy will cause inconsistency with port xxx in ether channel xxx. '.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/qos/configuration_guide/b_qos_3se_3850_cg/b_qos_3se_3850_cg_chapter_011.html#concept_1B88D96BE633433893CBB45C29EAC6BE

For 2 gb capping on port-channel (4 members) I have to apply 500mb capping on each individual link .Am I right ?

QoS is not supported on an EtherChannel interface. -->Is it applicable only for 3850 ?

Thanks in advance .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card