Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Routers are Unable to communicate.

Nooby69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask your suggestion/s on how to make my two routers communicate with each other. I tried using static default route but it did not work. I hope someone could help me.

(Summary of what is happening in my lab simulation)

ISP_router is giving dhcp address to Router_Lighter_Company and to Router_Fastfood_Company they are both on subnet and one default-router(DHCP pool) but they are still unable to communicate.

please see my attached file for my sim.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

on a side note, I think the problem is rather with Packet Tracer than with the configuration itself. If you replace the cloud and the modems with one switch to which all routers are connected (as in the attached revised lab), the routers can ping each other without a problem, and without any static or dynamic routing.

Packet Tracer does not really have full featured routers, but rather predefined subsets of commands that are designed to work with each other, to perform specific tasks. So, in a 'real' environment, your design would work, but in Packet Tracer it might not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi , Kindly try to use a static IP's on the routers interface and check if that works also loop for arp in the router if you are getting it or not. Am yet to work on your lab setup.
Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thank for the time.

If you are looking for end to end ping and it will not work as we didnt configured any protocol or static routing in the setup 

All 3 routers are pingable

On ISP router i don't routes for IP's behind fastfood and lighter company. 

I have configured the below commands all the 3 routers and now end to end ping is working .

router ospf 10

log-adjacency-changes

redistribute connected subnets

network 20.110.24.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

If you found my answers to be useful please do not hesitate to click on the star button.

Please do not hesitate to click the STAR button if you are satisfied with my answer.

Hi networkchef,

Thanks for helping.

I have configured your said command.

router ospf 10

log-adjacency-changes

but the lighter_company and fastfood_company's router is still unable to ping each other.

even though without dynamic routing 

the ISP_router to Router_fastfood_company(vice versa)

and ISP_router to Router_lighter_company(vice versa)

they will communicate/ping with each other.

but what I need to do is that 

Router_fastfood_company to Router_lighter_company will have communication.

I have attached the file with ospf configuration.

thank you sir.

You are right 

even though without dynamic routing  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< As all three routers are in same subnet it wll work.

the ISP_router to Router_fastfood_company(vice versa)

and ISP_router to Router_lighter_company(vice versa)

Configure the below configuration in all the three ISP routers bro and check. 

router ospf 10

log-adjacency-changes

I am in office cant use the packet tracer, will be able to check only 2mrw.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This sounds like SCHOOL WORK.

If it is, make sure you accept the consequence(s) of our answers. 

Hi leo,
nope this is not a school work but I recently tried to understand/practice cisco networking so I'am really sorry if I'am asking some noob question/s.

but please if you could help me with my problem that would be fantastic.

thanks.

Hello,

on a side note, I think the problem is rather with Packet Tracer than with the configuration itself. If you replace the cloud and the modems with one switch to which all routers are connected (as in the attached revised lab), the routers can ping each other without a problem, and without any static or dynamic routing.

Packet Tracer does not really have full featured routers, but rather predefined subsets of commands that are designed to work with each other, to perform specific tasks. So, in a 'real' environment, your design would work, but in Packet Tracer it might not.

Thanks you again sir :) you are a really good help tnx again
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card