cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Wan 2 Router IPSLA PBR

dpsw120
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have 2 router 4321 and 2 ISP, R1 have ISP1 R2 have ISP2 how i configure failover for this setup not just link but device failover. thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is good example setup configuration to start with :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/200785-ISP-Failover-with-default-routes-using-I.html

Once basic steps are working, then move to PBR depends in your requirement ammend the changes and test it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-architecture-documents/dual-internet-links-nating-with-pbr-and-ip-sla/ta-p/3126275

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is good example setup configuration to start with :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/200785-ISP-Failover-with-default-routes-using-I.html

Once basic steps are working, then move to PBR depends in your requirement ammend the changes and test it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-architecture-documents/dual-internet-links-nating-with-pbr-and-ip-sla/ta-p/3126275

BB

thanks for reply balanji.

in both of solution only using 1 router to control both isp, in my case i have 2 router and each router had different isp

Once you understand the concept you build the same way.

do you have any IGP between routers or in the network, it is also worth create some visio network diagram

so you know the traffic flows.

BB

yup i thin i got the idea.

no idon't have igp, do i need igp?
i create test with gns3, do you want to see my configuration? maybe you can check what's wrong and someting to be add maybe

yes you can lab it before you deploy in production so you hands on the concept what you deploying in live environment.

post your configuration if you have difficulties, we will have look and suggest you.

I have my test lab outcome, when i get chance to look at archive i will postback if required.

BB

Capture.PNG

thank you for your help sir, this is my lab configuration.
please postback so i'm sure this is ready for production.

Regards

fyi:in the production i'll apply like acl for incoming connection

So what was the test results of this test lab, are you able to achieve what you looking for ?

or where do you stuck ?

BB

inside to outside connection is going pretty well, when isp1 down the traffic will change to isp 2 because hsrp. but is my configuration right?

and one thing i don't know about, how to test from outside to inside connection "ip nat inside source static" i mean.

I may be over looked, in you lab config, i do not see specific natting which you allowing from internet inside host for static nat ?

what kind of nat we are talking here..you have any service inside which you are doing natting to access externally ? 

explain more --

BB

i'm not applying that nat inside yet, coz i don't how to test it with gns3.
config something like this
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.5 443 172.16.182.5 443 extendable
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.5 80 172.16.182.5 80 extendable
and is it ok to apply same config in 2nd router for backup?

in GNS on internet side introduce 1 Switch and add 2 nodes, make your host entries in windows and you can test as  if it was internet.

make sense ?

BB

hmm it make sense. i'll try and comeback later.

thanks bro
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: