Views
Helpful
Replies

2 WAN Links Fail Over,Public Live IP Help Required

Mohsin Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

Can someone please provide me the solution as per my required with the best devices little confuse in selection,below is the details

1: have 2 Wan ISP link want a Fail Over on it ,if any 1 of Wan link go down another link automatically start sends the traffic out and when the Wan Link come back it get back to there normal state.

2: 1 of the Wan ISP link have 8 Public Live IP address and i want to assign Live Public IP's on my 5 Server Interface so employee on internet can access the server directly via Public IP.

3: 2nd of the Wan ISP link is with 2 subnet in it ,1 subnet is for Internet Use (Public IP) and 1 subnet for my Data backup (Local IP) of my Backup Server on another location.

and also suggest a layer2 switch for my data center ,have to connect 36 Server to it which will be access by 80 users .

Have 80 Users on Layer 2 switches currently and want to apply the above scenario now .please guide me the details.with details and of possible send the config also , share it via attachment or link .

your help will be appreciated highly

Please guide me which device should i use Router ,Firewall or Layer3 Switch , please provide me the solution with which should i use .

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I suggest that you contact your VAR (the people who you are buying the equip from). They can help with the design. There are a lot of variables to weigh and it's hard to say buy product A without knowing your network. They should provide you that help for free.

Dear Collin,

I have to apply it my self ,here what i plan and as per my research.

1: for 2 ISP link ,I configure ip sla fail over on router 1921 with nating for internet .

2: for public ip usage config static nat for public to private .

3: for 2 subnet in 1 wan ,use secondary ip or sub interface for 2 subnet.

correct me if i am wrong or can give better suggestion.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card