Helpful
Replies

2800 router

george
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 2800 cisco router with five lines of ip telephony

i need to transmit two lines to other site

please note that : the two sites are connected by fiber optic and a switch (DELL) will receive these two lines

what can i do ?

please help

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the lines are currently in copper and you need to convert them to fiber, then you need a media converter, so you can run them over fiber to your other location

how ?

it depends on the type of fiber connector you have.  example:

if your fiber connectors are SC, then you need a media converter that converts from cooper to SC type fiber. If they are LC, then you need to convert from copper to LC.

What type of interfaces do you have on the router? are they regular RJ45 type connections?

Are you using the on board interface?

If you provide more details, it is easier to help you

george
Level 1
Level 1

please

any news after this pic ?

Hello George,

Listen,

All what you have to do is to make sure that there is a connectivity when you plug your PC into site 2 with the CME router , i don't know anything about DELL switch configuration , if you can ping the CME from site2 then just go ahead and plug the ip phone , it's a normal config.

Amer

hello Amer thank you for everything i gonna attach for u a pic maybe can help u and me

as what i want now : i want to create a vlan to move from CCM 2800 to DELL in the site 2 (172.16.0.0) through the switch (DELL) which excite in the site 1 (192.168.1.0)  in this case if i connect the switch LINKSYS in the site 1 to the DELL in the site 1 what will happen ?

George,

As my previous post , i know nothing about configuring vlans on DELL switches , and my speciality is only voice .

From the voice view , all what ou need to let the ip phones works is that the subnet of the ip phones should be accessible to the CME router .

Amer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card