cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 VWIC 2MFT-T1 installation

rshum
Level 1
Level 1

I had to dig this stuff out of storage and cobble together a router on short notice. I installed this WIC into a 2821 and I can see it when I do a show ver.

Cisco 2821 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FTX1006C0P3
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 Channelized T1/PRI ports   <-----------------------------
1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.
239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
125440K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

When I do a sho run I see this:

controller T1 0/0/0
framing esf
linecode b8zs
!
controller T1 0/0/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs

Which is good too.

How do I configure IP interfaces on it though? It doesn't seem to show up as Serial ports on a sho int. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Roland

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Roland,

It looks like you're missing a command under the Controller T1. It depends on the type of circuit you're connecting to, see below. The interface card that you have can take T1 or PRI circuit. Once you have the correct command under the controller T1, you'll see the serial interface show up in the config. Hope that helps.

controller T1 0/0/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 - add this command if you're connecting to a T1 circuit

controller T1 0/0/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24 - add this command if you're connecting to a PRI circuit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Roland,

It looks like you're missing a command under the Controller T1. It depends on the type of circuit you're connecting to, see below. The interface card that you have can take T1 or PRI circuit. Once you have the correct command under the controller T1, you'll see the serial interface show up in the config. Hope that helps.

controller T1 0/0/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 - add this command if you're connecting to a T1 circuit

controller T1 0/0/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24 - add this command if you're connecting to a PRI circuit

I'll give it a try.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card