2123 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

2660 input errors, 532 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 5 abort

508136 packets output, 77127054 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets

0 unknown protocol drops

0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out

0 carrier transitions

Timeslot(s) Used:1-24, SCC: 0, Transmitter delay is 0 flags

I have open tickets with telco and they are not seeing any problems on the ckt. Also, they mention that issue may be hardware related.

Are there any troubleshooting test and I can perform on the router, to determine what may be the issue.

Cheers

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Check out the below explanation for CRC error and farme error and few useful links to trouble shoot these type of problems.

CRC errors usually indicates noise or transmission problems on the LAN interface or the LAN itself. A high number of CRCs is usually the result of collisions but can also indicate a physical issue (such as cabling, bad interface or NIC) or a duplex mismatch or a station transmitting bad data.

TRY THIS: Check cables to determine whether any are damaged. If 100BaseTX is being
  used, ensure Category 5 cabling is being used and not another type, such as Category

or try this:

Clear the interface counter and start with changing the fiber patch between the 2 switches.  If that does not help then replace the GBICs and see what happens.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1904.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1904.html

Hope that helps out your query !!

Please rate if it helps.

View solution in original post

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have removed all my posts in this thread due to them being half-rated for no reason.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Check out the below explanation for CRC error and farme error and few useful links to trouble shoot these type of problems.

CRC errors usually indicates noise or transmission problems on the LAN interface or the LAN itself. A high number of CRCs is usually the result of collisions but can also indicate a physical issue (such as cabling, bad interface or NIC) or a duplex mismatch or a station transmitting bad data.

TRY THIS: Check cables to determine whether any are damaged. If 100BaseTX is being
  used, ensure Category 5 cabling is being used and not another type, such as Category

or try this:

Clear the interface counter and start with changing the fiber patch between the 2 switches.  If that does not help then replace the GBICs and see what happens.

Hope that helps out your query !!

Please rate if it helps.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have removed all my posts in this thread due to them being half-rated for no reason.

joseacruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello To all!,

I just want to thanks for all the help.

All the information that you presented was very helpful.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card