cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2921 Compatible DAC SFP Cable

jquigley4
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there are third party SFP DAC cables that work with the 2921 router? The 10gtek SFP+ cables claim to work with Cisco, I just dont want to buy something that wont work in the SFP port on my router.

THANKS!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

if you refer to this cable:

https://www.amazon.com/10Gtek-SFP-H10GB-CU3M-10GBASE-CU-Passive-3-Meter/dp/B00SIS1IPW/ref=asc_df_B00SIS1IPW/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={dev...

I wouldn't know why it shouldn't work. The Cisco manufactured one costs you about 100 dollars, this one only about 20. If for some reason it doesn't work, you can always return it, obviously...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

if you refer to this cable:

https://www.amazon.com/10Gtek-SFP-H10GB-CU3M-10GBASE-CU-Passive-3-Meter/dp/B00SIS1IPW/ref=asc_df_B00SIS1IPW/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={dev...

I wouldn't know why it shouldn't work. The Cisco manufactured one costs you about 100 dollars, this one only about 20. If for some reason it doesn't work, you can always return it, obviously...

Thanks! I was worried because I have some SFP+ LC/LC transceivers from 10gtek running multi-mode 1 meter fiber cables that I tried in the slot and they weren't recognized. For that price on that DAC cable I think I will have to give it a try :-)

Mio de Kuo
Level 1
Level 1

10Gtek SFP DAC cable can work with  the 2921 router because the 10Gtek SFP DAC cable I bought works  well with it. It's pretty cost-efficient!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: