cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2x L3 sw connected to a router

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I've a network scenario as shown in the network diagram attached. I've a few questions to seek advise on

1) For the C1 & C2 L3 switches' link to the main branch router, shd i use a /30 segment for each links as shown in the diagram or shd i use the IPs in the wan vlan for the router interfaces connected to the C1 & C2 switch?(will this method work?) How's the config like for both setup? (assuming that i'm running ospf for both the L3 switches and the main branch router)

2)  how can i make sure that the http traffic (from main branch and small branch) shd go through the fw to the internet and corporate server access to go through the "router back to hq"?

3) If i'm not running ospf in the small branch, what's the static route required to be able to reach the main branch network and corporate network?

4) is it better to have a etherchannel trunk link between c1 or c2 ? or /30 segment to be allocated for the links between the 2 core switches? what's the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! anyone has any advise on the questions? Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card