Views
Helpful
Replies

3 layer switch and ASA firewall

aymenferhat001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to configurate my neworks using dmz and acl and nat and ospf, but when i got to static route on ASA, the CLI shows invalide input.

please help.

link to pkz with a pic of what it should be:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MwcN2H4QuIlWvUuxhp7-Ff7SZzHB_wqm?usp=sharing

14 Replies 14

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the error message on the ASA ? 

Jon

when i type static route, it returns invalid input, my project is in the google drive link

OSPF and static route ?
the ASA behave like any router, what area for OSPF you use ?

2 areas

Can you share topology because I could open it in MACbook.

yes the link to topology with a pic of what it should be:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MwcN2H4QuIlWvUuxhp7-Ff7SZzHB_wqm?usp=sharing

i put it in the google drive cause, the site dosent allow me to upload my topology

I dont open config file but i see topolgy,

Instead of using next hop please use outside interface of asa in static route,

i tried it, but it says invalide input

can you like show me all the steps to configure the firewall to connect ti the internet, and configurate nat and acl and dmz in this topology. please ?

What would you learn if we did it all for you ? 

What is the exact command you are entering for the route and what is the error ie. post the output from the firewall .

Jon

i'd learn how to do it because ive been trying for 5 days,and still confused.

the command is route outside.

where can i find these commands or how to do it?

You still haven't told us the exact command you are typing in and the output from the ASA when you hit enter. 

Doesn't matter, someone who uses Packet Tracer will probably be able to help you out. 

Jon

For the commands Cisco have configuration guides for all their products but I understand it can be confusing to begin with. 

Unfortunately a lot of us don't use Packet Tracer which is why we ask for outputs etc. but some do and they may be able to help. 

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card