Helpful
Replies

3750 EIGRP Routing

sriram.kannan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i would like have a configuration advise with eigrp

I have a 3750 at a remote site and Nexus at the core and currently both sites are connected through a fiber running eigrp.

I would like to add another layer 2 service connecting between the remote and core site for redundancy.

how will i be able to achive redundancy through both connection between 3750 and Nexus with eigrp

there is only one instance of eigrp running in our entire network

please advise me with configuration ideas

4 Replies 4

adnane dakna
Level 1
Level 1

To achieve rendandancy between two sites through second link using same instance of eigrp , just change delay of this link (second) in manner to influence eigrp metric , by this way your  second link  become active when the main link is down.

mohamkh4
Level 1
Level 1

EIGRP you have a awesome feature called offset lists which can suit your requirement.

the higher bw link would be your primary link without altering any metrics, for the secondary link you can worsen the metric with the help of offset lists.

sriram.kannan
Level 1
Level 1

thanks...i will try this out and let u know how it went

Yes  you can do it  with offset list , but it alse affect also the  composite metric of interface , for better explanations

visit this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c2d96.shtml  ,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card