cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

40Gb Port-Channel between 3750-x switch stacks

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that would like a 40Gb port-channel between two 3750-x switch stacks.  When I try to activate four 10Gb ports in the channel, they go into error-disable.  However, I am able to create a 20Gb port-channel without issue.  I have had my configurations verified to Cisco best practice.

Is there a limitation on the amount of throughput that the 3750-x can handle?  According to the data sheet the 3750X-48T can handle 101.2mpps, based on two 10Gb uplinks so if my math is correct then a stack of two 3750X-48T should be able to handle 202.4mpps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hmm, I wonder whether the stack ring's bandwidth might cause an issue.  Will a port-channel of 3 x 10 gig come up?

We did not attempt a 3 x 10Gb channel. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
they go into error-disable.

Can you please post the output to the following commands:

1.  sh int status err;

2.  sh log

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card