Views
Helpful
Replies

7206 router - VXC-2TE1+ card revision number

ashishdpatel1
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

attached is the show tech of the 2 cisco 7206 router with VXC-2TE1+ card inserted at slot no 4.

When we see the show diag command , the hardware revision number at router one shows 0.5 and router 3 it shows 0.2 for slot no 4 where the

VXC-2TE1+  card is inserted.

I query is , i want to change this to 0.6 on both router , how is it posible to do so??

Atleast if not 0.6 then i want that both the router should show 0.5 hardware revision number, need to understand the procedure of doing this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Those revision numbers are from engineering changes during manufacturing. Unless you can find a pair that were manufactured at the same time your desired revision number was manufactured, you

What are you trying to accomplish?  Generally these sorts of Revs have no "visible" impact on the device.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Those revision numbers are from engineering changes during manufacturing. Unless you can find a pair that were manufactured at the same time your desired revision number was manufactured, you

What are you trying to accomplish?  Generally these sorts of Revs have no "visible" impact on the device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card