cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

800 series: DSL router having fxs ports (equivalent to 827-4v)

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

We were using before the router 827 -4v but as we see that now it is end of sales, and we are looking for equivalent router to it but until now we are not able to know which series exactly.

Actually we are looking for a router that support the following:

ADSL (PPPoA and PPPoE)

QoS

Firewall

FXS ports

Appreciate if someone can guide me for a good some (in the level of 827 -4V) which is disconnected now.

Any advise.

Regards

Bilal

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Bilal,

in the new 880 series there are some devices that support FXS ports I guess the ones with a V in the name

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

being ISR G2 routers you will be involved in the new licensing model of 15.0 IOS version.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

About Cisco 887V, the V is for the VDSL2 as I think and it is not for the voice, because fot the voice they used SRST.

But the question, is the 880 series modular? So I can use for example 886 or 887 router and buy the FXS module and fix it inside it so it can work fine?

Or I have to use the Cisco 888 SRST? But the problem in the 888 SRST that it support G.SHDSL while our DSL is ADSL so I am afraid that the Cisco 888 SRST will not work with my DSL service. Any advise?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card