Views
Helpful
Replies

800 Series Recommendations @ Germany

Dan Jay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

perhaps you can share some ideas with me on which box to purchase; I've by far outgrown my trusty-crusty ol' 803 running a VPN with an amazing 40kBit/s off a 16meg WAN line backed by ISDN, plugged to an external 802' AP.

Deutsche Telekom offers a bunch of services ever since my ADSL  link was put into service; I can read from the new 800 Series they deal with VDSL as well, so the 886VAW looks like a appropriate choice for classic DSL service along with WLAN.

Now, that Deutsche Telekom offers their next-generation telephony service backed by VOIP, I will most certainly  run into troublesome issues if I select the wrong device. I wonder if the WAN-NIC in the 886 VAW will deal with what they are running on their side for this type of uplink where you plug your phone into the router itself. I'm close to moving away from here and I guess I will brick the new unit if it cannot deal with that,

Can someone shed some light on this ?

Dan

7 Replies 7

887vaw

Take Care

Alessio

Hi Alessio,

of course it will run on DSL..... My initial Q was geared towards the situation that DTAG is in the completion phase of

letting everything run via VoIP, meaning they will scrap the consumer ISDN service branch in a large scale. I' d rather prefer having my own gear here than any t-com router, and if anyone has experience with this next-gen connections on a 800....the 887VAW is quite new, looks good......

Dan

Dan,

What is your xDSL bandwidth?

6000, planning to Switch to VDSL.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

6000, planning to Switch to VDSL.

6 Mbps?

Correct

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

886VA should work in Germany.  Just ask DW if they support it in the network. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card