cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

857/877 DSLAM Incompatibility

OliverDarvall
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few hundred 857/877 routers in the field. Our fixed line operator here in SA is slowly converting/upgrading their DSLAMS and suddenly we are experiencing problems connecting with ADSL with those routers. Basically the line syncs, but the PPP never comes up, neither though are there very helpful debug events.

The FLO confirmed that they are mostly upgrading to the Alcatel Lucent 7302 ISLAMS and as they upgrade, our sites go down. So it seems that there is a incompatibility with the old 20190 chipset on the Cisco's with the newer equipment.

The latest IOS is in use on all the routers and I have tried basically every 20190 firmware that I could fine (like at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2036510), but the PPP never comes up. I tried lowering the MTU values and everything, but no luck. The pain in the butt is that when trying any other cheap-ass consumer ADSL router (Netgear, Belkin, etc) it works fine, so there are no line problems or so.

Any advice please ?

1 Reply 1

OliverDarvall
Level 1
Level 1

Bump ....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: