Views
Helpful
Replies

867VAE web-based configuration

crokkerrr
Level 1
Level 1

i am planning to buy 867vae router and i would like to ask you a few things

the configuration is through cli only(because i am not familiar with cli) or it can be web based ?

the basic configuration  for dsl and routing  are preconfigured or i have to do everything from scratchf?

if someome has configured let say a draytek router, is it the same with this router or its a different world?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a different world altogether. Most often GUi doesn't work, and must use CLI.

as i see there is the "Cisco Configuration Professional" to configure the 867vae

is this a gui configurator ?

does it have problems?

why "most often doesnt work" ?

Yes. Often doesn't work because it doesn't configure the device correctly as one needs.

crokkerrr
Level 1
Level 1

as i understand what you say is that "if you dont know how to configure cisco router on cli(ios) just dont buy a cisco router"

the same goes to L3 switch of cisco either?

Switches are easier to configure and manage that routers.

Cisco has the small business line of products and the Cisco Linksys line, that are easy and recommended for home use.

but as i see 800 series router is on Small Business Routers category

These are in reality enterprise-class products with  Cisco IOS and the GUI is mostl for marketing purposes. Also check the price difference.

I can't recommend anything without knowing your requisites and budget.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card