cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 dead after ADSL firmware upgrade?

Zenith888
Level 1
Level 1

According to readme at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800/Firmware_Download_Readme_3_0_10.doc

the firmware at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800/adsl_alc_20190_3.0.10.bin is for fixing dropped ADSL connections in 877.

I've downloaded the firmware, renamed it to adsl_alc_20190.bin and used

copy http: flash:

to d/l it from one of my machines with Apache on the LAN into the router.

dir showed that adsl_alc_20190.bin was the only file in the file system.

Then I restarted the router with power button and it does not come back up anymore.

The OK light comes on, then all lights flash once, twice, third time and then only OK light stays on.

I can no longer ssh into the router as 10.10.10.1 is unreachable. Resetting to factory settings does not work in a sense that router does not react to depressing the reset button even after 35 seconds.

Tried to start the router w/o flash module - same thing.

What have I done wrong and how to restore the router operation?

2 Replies 2

Zenith888
Level 1
Level 1

I can't believe nobody knows how to revert to pre-upgrade firmware.

Please help, I am desperate. Running on a cheap router that clogs with traffic and slows down everybody.

Thanks for all invaluable help I  received.

Perhaps  at least someone would be able to tell me what commands would show  which version of firmware is used - built into IOS or uploaded onto  flash?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card