Views
Helpful
Replies

877W, only 1 VLAN?

Arthur_Mino
Level 1
Level 1

G'day,

Need assistance with my 877W router. According to the specs it supports 2 VLANs. VLAN1 and a DMZ. How do I configure my interfaces to VLAN1 and the DMZ? Please keep in mind that every time I try to create a second VLAN I get the error

"Vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 1 vlan(s) in the database."

Also my router has 24576K Flash, I have another CISCO router a 871 with 28672. Which allows me to create a second VLAN. Is this because of the flash size?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Arthur

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Arthur

Is the ios file same on both the devices ?

I feel you are having different ios codes which might be resulting in this kinda issue.

regds

G'day,

This is from the 871

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(8)YI2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Synched to technology version 12.3(10.3)T2

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 14-Jun-05 18:58 by ealyon

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)YI2, RELEASE SOFTWARE

ROM: Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(8)YI2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

And this is from 877

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(4)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 22-Dec-05 03:09 by ccai

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)YI2, RELEASE SOFTWARE

The 877 has a more current version. You would think it would do more.

Any assistance apreciated.

Cheers,

Arthur

Hi

You need advanced ip service image to support vlan.

You only got advanced security.

regs Lars

G'day,

How do I get this image. I've looked every where?

Also am I going to need more flash memory?

How come my 871 can do it?

Cheers,

Arthur

The 871 can do it because it's running a version of IOS that has the "Advanced IP" feature set; the 877 can't because it's running a version of IOS that has the "Advanced Security" feature set.

Different IOS images offer different feature sets. Each feature set has a version number.

IOS 12.4 with Advanced IP is different than IOS 12.4 with Advanced Security, even though the major version number is the same.

As for where to get the images - these are available from Cisco.com under "Support" -> "Download Software", then click "Cisco IOS Software". You'll be prompted for your login info for Cisco.com (use the same details you use to sign into this forum). You should be able to follow the instructions from there to download the correct IOS image.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Graeme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card