Views
Helpful
Replies

887 ISR with 7960 IP Phone

toshi-esumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently installing 877 with 7960 phones to our customers. Since 877 is end of life, I'm testing 887 to replace it. However, the 887(CISCO877-SEC-K9) we bought to test came with c880data-universalk9-mz.150-1.M6.bin.We bought this product since we use BGP for routing (Advanced IP is required). And that seems to the reason "switchport voice vlan 2" to let 7960 to learn voice VLAN and feed some infomation via DHCP. The config works with 877s.

Is it possible for me to upgrade the IOS to c880voice-.... with 887 to make this work? Or is it only for 88x SRST hardware?

Thanks,

Toshi

7 Replies 7

toshi-esumi
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for poor English. I obviously meant the IOS revision seemed to be the reason that the IP phone doesn't work.

"Is it possible for me to upgrade the IOS to c880voice-.... with 887 to make this work? Or is it only for 88x SRST hardware?"

Only for the 88x SRST hardware. Can you please try one of the later IOS images

Thanks

Chandro

I upgraded the IOS to c880data-universalk9-mz.151-4.M2.bin, which seems to be the latest M version. But a 7960 doesn't take vlan 2 as the operational vlan. Is it supposed to be supported?

Toshi

Toshi

It should work. Can you please work with tech support to get this resolved

Thanks

Chandro

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll open up a support case.

Toshi

Will I have the same issue if I use 7960G IP Phone? If so, what is the difference between 7960 and the G version?

Thanks,

website design

We found the cause of the problem ourselves. CDP was not running with default config. After we did "cdp run", it started working.

Thanks,

Toshi

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card