cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acceptable CPU level for 7200

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 7206VXR with an NPE-G1 processor. We're running the standard stuff on it, but here are the highlights:

eigrp

ipsec tunnels (approx 45)

netflow

qos

extended ACLs

bgp (1 neighbor)

We just enabled netflow on it to send the data to an external source for analysis and the overall CPU level increased, but not significantly. About what should we expect for the overall CPU level? At this point, it's averaging close to 40% during peak hours.

4 Replies 4

sleepyshark
Level 1
Level 1

Completely normal to see 30-40% CPU

we don't use any IPSec staff on our NPE-G1 but with full-BGP table, Netflow, MPLS, OSPF and traffic about 150 Mbits in peaks our CPU is about 30-40% in avarage in a peak hours.

The CPU peaks are about 80% ("from sh proc cpu hist"). I got some discussion about CPU load with Cisco TAC - they confirmed that is a quite normall load.

Thank you!

I would think that about 40 % would be reasonable given the features that you indicate that you are using. I do not see a reason to worry given what you have described.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card