cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing the settings of 1811w router

Justinlong7292
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1811w router and can not figure out how to access the settings of the router. I do not have a console port that I can use to access the settings that way so I want to know how to do it using the SDM. I thought I was following the directions but for some reason when I connect my computer to one of the routers LAN ports no connection is recognized on either the router or the computer. How do I go about connecting to the router and accessing the settings?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are a few ways to access a router or switch.  You can use telnet, SSH and Console.  If you are not able to access the device using SSH or telnet, then you need a console cable to attached to the devices. If the router is not configured for Telnet or SSH access, you need to use the console to configure the router first before you can use either one.  Was this working before or a new installation?

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco